Day 13 – Yay, 0.8 and counting

So another good day has come today and it has been yet another lesson in patience.

I was sick again last night….can’t remember off the top of my head whether that was pre or post my Day 12 post, but it happened. And then again, this morning, after a less than satisfactory nights sleep, I was sick again at around 7.15am, and then again at around 10am when I’d been waiting to take a shower, waiting for my bed to be changed and the room cleaned etc. As I’ve said before…..a hard life (oh how little you who laugh know!!!!)

So the long and short of it is that I have worked out that I don’t deal with tiredness well at all, and my body really doesn’t like the absence of sleep, alongside the presence of drugs. It is a good thing to have determined and I hope I can help to use it to my advantage from hereon. So, I plan to write this fast and have a 20 min shut eye before dinner. Then another quick nap followed by a catch up with my lovely sister Ruth who has been in the states since the week before I cam into hospital… has seemed an eternity.

Anyway, other than the sickness, the day has been a good one. Another rise to 0.8 for my white blood count. Since they started rising, they have doubled each day which is fab news. My potassium is still a bit low but this time they only put my on a 3 hour pump which is more good news 🙂 My sister Liz came in for half an hour, and half way in, mentioned she had Alice sitting in the waiting room…..bless. I made her go and bring her in. I know we have said no to family nephew and nieces, but I would never have wanted them to sit and wait, especially once Liz had worked out I was well and obviously knew her own daughter was well. Family is far too important. Just as they were about to leave Christ called to say that she was 10min away so she came too as Liz left. What was great was that I felt really able to say that I needed her to go after about 20 mins.My body was starting to pack in and show signs of nausea, and I am starting to recognise it – that felt good to recognise it. So, after a lovely catch up, she went and I grabbed some kip before the consultants rounds.

Anyway, the consultants have pretty much said that so long as I stay fit and don’t get an infection, so long as I drink lots and so long as I can wean myself off this morphine pump, I should be able to hope to be home for Thursday or Friday 🙂 Oh god I hope so, but I am also very conscious I don’t want to be home before I am ready for it. So one very very happy girl here…..who is listening to her body and going for a sleep now!!!

Will add anything I’ve forgotten tomorrow then……..


About Deb Gascoyne

I am wife of one, mother of two and a person in my own right :-) I have used my diagnosis of myeloma to allow me to focus on what I CAN achieve and not what I can't. My blog is a way of me spilling is for me more than you I'm afraid. But if it helps you along the way, that is an absolute bonus for me :-)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

What are you thinking?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s