Well my WBC rose to 1.2 today but sadly my neutrophils only got to 0.3 which isn’t seen as being high enough to get out…another 0.2 to go. When she told me the nurse suggested she thought they might let me go today…so naturally I got semi-excited despite trying to hold back my expectations.
Anyway, the doctor eventually came round on her rounds but didn’t give me the good news I’d been hoping for. She believes it is really important to wait until my neutrophils are at the right level as in their experience when they send people home earlier they become ill. She was keen to say she felt it would be worse for me to go home and be readmitted than to just wait an extra couple of days for my levels to go up.
So, I’ve been remarkably down today. It all felt so close. And now I know it could be Saturday before I’m home. I just want a nights sleep in my own bed. And to be with my family.
Tomorrow we’ll have to go through it all again- I give bloods at around 6am, get the results around 10.30/11am and then see the doctor at around midday. Apparently they’ve drawn up my prescription already so once I do get the go ahead, I can probably be out within a couple of hours…as soon as nick can get here really! I’m just slightly annoyed as the same nurse who gave me false hope this morning, said this afternoon that she was sure I’d get home tomorrow-why?! It doesn’t help to give me false hope that will be dashed.
Anyway I’m just waiting for a visit from nick so hopefully he can work his usual magic and cheer me up a bit- really hope so!